Under general supervision, the Project Manager is responsible for estimating, costing and managing all aspects of a project in a fair and ethical manner as guided by company policy and procedures to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, safety, and efficient allocation of staff time. Additionally, project managers will assist in developing new clients in collaboration with business development managers.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinate with business development and systems team members to generate accurate and complete job bids based off of materials, labor and other input costs.
- Manage all aspects of production and implementation of projects. Coordinate with customers, co-workers, and vendors to deliver projects in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
- Perform project estimates, deal registration, project schedules, change orders, project take-offs and close-outs.
- Communicate effectively with clients and team members to maintain organized delivery of solutions and provide installation team with support through solutions expertise.
- A background in low voltage project work (low voltage cabling, CCTV, IP video, access control, security and alarm systems. This can be obtained through significant (five years or more) work experience in the construction industry, project management or through a course of study resulting in an associates or bachelors degree and three or more years of work experience.
- Must be proficient in reading and interpreting floor plans, technical drawings and specifications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to build relationships with customers as well as to collaborate effectively with team members responsible for installing customer solutions.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and have the ability to learn new software applications and computer programs.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and organize the workload to handle multiple priorities and simultaneously meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with State, Federal and Local Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
If you believe you have what it takes to work in a high tech, fast paced environment where teamwork is critical and flexibility a must, then Thompson might be the right place for you.