SIOUX CITY, IA
Our Brand Promise is, “Customer satisfaction, every project, product, service and contact.” If you are passionate about providing the highest levels of service to customers, enjoy working in a fast-paced, team environment and have a strong background in automation, we want to speak with you. This role fulfills the Brand Promise through
- Programming – PLCs, VFDs, HIMs, SCADA and related devices for control system issues; write code or make work order changes to current equipment
- Troubleshooting – automation issues and hardware-software integrations and HMI interfaces
- Evaluating – control devices such as PLCs, operator interfaces, sensors, wireless communications, etc.
- The technician is responsible for a variety of work assignments that involve PLC programming, configuration and troubleshooting as well as the troubleshooting, testing, maintaining, installing, repairing and inspection of low and medium voltage electrical equipment, instrumentation and controls for all areas of the district.
- Troubleshoots Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs) and related device for control system issues.
- Write basic PLC programs (Ladder Logic) and understand/analyze existing PLC ladder logic, recommend solutions, and initiate modifications as needed.
- Responsible for hands on fixes including installations and upgrades.
- Identify problematic areas and inform customers of solutions.
- Provide technical assistance to other TCSS/TE team members.
- Support commissioning and start-ups of new systems.
Vocational/Technical Associates degree in PLC/HMI related field or equivalent.
- Must have 3+ years programming and troubleshooting experience PLCs. (5 years a plus but not required)
- PLC programming utilizing Allen Bradley or equivalent
- Basic knowledge relating to Programmable Logic Controller installation / troubleshooting, including knowledge of electrical / mechanical / pneumatic devices as related to PLCs.
- Experience with configuring wiring, cabling, servers, computers and equipment in new construction.
- Ability to read and understand repair manuals and drawings.
- Apply proper safety practices and follow procedures while performing maintenance tasks.
- Variable Frequency Drives programming and troubleshooting.
- Be able to read blue prints and PID drawings.
- Multi-meter both voltage and current application.
- The nature of the job requires the technician to work with minimal supervision and possess mechanical aptitude.
- The technician must respond to call outs, work scheduled or unscheduled overtime and at times perform additional duties due to operational upsets, construction projects, emergencies and other unusual situations
- The technician is expected to exhibit professionalism and perform all duties in a safe and proficient manner consistent with TSS policies and procedures.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be proficient in Rockwell Automation, RSLogix 500, RSLogix 5000, PanelBuilder32, RSView32, Factory Talk View Studio, Microsoft Office
Thompson Innovation is an EEO employer – M / F / Vets / Disabled. Candidates are required to complete a pre-employment drug test with a negative result.
If you believe you have what it takes to work in a high tech, fast paced environment where teamwork is critical and flexibility a must, then Thompson might be the right place for you.