SIOUX CITY, IA
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Under the general direction of the General Manager, the Design Drafter is responsible for designing and drawing plans for complex projects of all sizes. He/she is an integral part of the design team and will help to ensure the efficient and cost-effective design and execution of assigned projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Collaborate with project managers, field employees and clients to develop designs, drawings and create plan sets for field projects and control panels.
- Create, review and audit designs using AutoCAD Electric.
- Utilize visualization, graphics, and presentation skills to effectively communicate project design.
- Provide design support and documentation throughout the design phases of the project and through close-out.
- Ensure that designs and drawings are in accordance with company and design standards.
- Must have experience with AutoCAD with knowledge of or the ability to learn AutoCAD Electric sufficient to create a complete plan set for issue to clients.
- Must have the ability to create and design projects from scratch.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Basic knowledge in the electrical trade with the interest to learn the automation industry.
- Must have excellent communications skills with the ability to interact effectively with team members, customers, and clients.
- Must have a curiosity and affinity for learning and deploying new technology to grow and change to exceed client’s expectations.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and a good driving record with the ability to travel to meetings and job sites.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
- The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
- All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with State, Federal and Local Laws.
- Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
If you believe you have what it takes to work in a high tech, fast paced environment where teamwork is critical and flexibility a must, then Thompson might be the right place for you.